Woodstock Riding Club
August 21, 2017
Present: Susan Leiching, Jane Booth, Brenda Locke, Susan Garrison, Roberta Jackson, Marie Webster, Nancy Locke
Meeting was called to order by the President Roberta Jackson at 7:15 pm.
Minutes of the June meeting were reviewed by Susan Leiching. Motion made to accept by Brenda and seconded by Roberta.
The treasurer’s report was reviewed verbally by Jane and available upon request. A motion was made to accept the treasurer’s report by Susan Garrison and seconded by Susan Leiching and so carried.
1. The Annual Awards Dinner will be at Creekside at the Woodstock Golf Club on October 28th from 5:30 pm to 8:30pm. The cost will be $38.00 per adult and $25.00 per child under the age of 14. There will be door prizes and somethings going for auction. There will not be a raffle table.
2. We have not been able to get a food vendor. There is limited food available including snacks, pizza, and water.
3. Dressage show is scheduled for October 1st. Check website for more information.
4. The setup for the September show will be Thursday, September 7th at 6:30pm for the jumps and Saturday, September 9th for the show, around 9:00am.
1. Year-end awards were the topic of discussion. There has been no selection of the awards at this time. The group did conclude that for the perpetual awards of a) Rookie of the Year, b) Brighter Days Memorial Trophy, c) Louise VanWagonen Horse and Rider of the Year, and d) Linda P. Every – Versatility Award – we will be returning to the previous awards of a plaque for the recipient plus name engraved on the trophy and a ribbon.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.
The next meeting will be held at the club grounds.
Check out the new and updated Woodstock Riding Club website – http://6ng.911.myftpupload.com Current information is being posted.
The next meeting is at the Woodstock Riding Club grounds on September 18 at 7:00 PM.